The selected intern works in direct support of the International Center’s Chief Operations Officer as well as the Office Manager and is involved in all activities relating to accounting, finance, and operations. The intern will also work as a project manager for specific projects assigned by the operations leadership. Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to recording invoices received, maintaining financial documents, attending finance meetings, and assisting with financial planning.
- Maintains financial documents
- Prepare and attend finance meetings
- Assists with financial planning – e.g. budgeting and cashflow forecasting
- Special projects to improve financial practices
- Serve as “help desk” for staff technical and project support
Desired Learning Outcomes:
- Understanding U. S. and International business and cultural diversities
- Understanding of accounts receivables protocol, budgeting techniques, organizational structure, tracking financial health, and accounting methods
- Ability to gain organizational skills and logically order similar documents
Desired Skills & Competencies:
- Efficiency with Excel
- Ability to make financial summaries
- Basic knowledge of debits and credits
Intern applications and cover letters may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your preferred internship program date range and top 3-4 roles of interest in your cover letter.