Where Indiana Intersects With The World… The International Center Intern Team helps U. S. students achieve an international business experience and international students achieve a U. S. business experience, right here in Indianapolis!
The International Center values Diversity, Passion, Excellence, Integrity, and Growth.
The selected intern works in direct support of the International Center’s Vice President of Development & External Affairs and/or Community Outreach & Stakeholder Engagement Manager, and the organizational team that is involved in general business activities, program deliveries, and organizational projects. The intern will be able to reach out to variety of communities and attend amazing networking opportunities.
- Assistance with planning networking and other events
- Research potential external stakeholders
- Attend and/or assist with hosting community events
- Assistance with table master responsibilities
- Assistance with volunteer management
- Assistance with editing materials for public speaking engagements
- Volunteer program and management
Desired Learning Outcomes
- Learning how to plan important events in the community
- Learning how to edit documents for professional meetings and speaking events
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability and willingness to engage external stakeholders
- Organization and attention to detail
- Familiar with MS Office Suite, including Excel and Power Point
- Additional software knowledge welcome: Canva, graphic design skills
- Cultural awareness
- Be on time, be present, be engaged
- Communicate, participate, support your team and the Mission
- Mentor devoted to your success, plus weekly professional development programming
- Local and international networking opportunities
- Collaborative, respectful, fun work culture
- 15-20 hours per week, hybrid (office/remote) schedule
- May pay $15/hour, plus $80 monthly parking stipend
- OPT/CPT, class credit, school stipend/scholarship application support
For more information about The International Center, its mission, internship program, and Frequently Asked Questions, go to www.internationalcenter.org.
Intern applications and cover letter, including your preferred internship program semester and top 3-4 roles of interest, may be submitted directly here or emailed to email@example.com