The selected intern works with The International Center’s Development and Engagement Director and will be involved in the process of planning and managing the annual International Citizen of the Year (ICY) award dinner and ceremony.
- Assist project manager with formulating a plan of action for the event that includes goals and timeline
- Provide input for and take notes at regularly scheduled organizing committee meetings
- Work with development manager to create, manage and maintain a database of invitation lists, RSVPs, and other key event data and dates
- Support development efforts, including philanthropy, fundraising, engagement and grants
- Assist with logistics related to the design and production of collateral materials including save the date, invitations, signage, program, etc.
- Work with communications staff to promote events through various media outlets and social media
- Work with project manager, designated internal staff and event committee to determine volunteer needs, assist with recruitment of volunteers to staff the event
- Onsite coordination on the day of the event
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Learning Outcomes:
- Understanding U. S. and International business and cultural diversities
- Understanding event planning, management, and operations from a project manager’s perspective, building audiences through internal business communications, external marketing best practices, and volunteer logistics
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing priorities, develop and execute all aspects of project administration and event operations, accurately produce an effective set of targeted collateral materials for multi-channel distribution, gain international community exposure, recruit a volunteer corps
Desired Skills & Competencies:
- Social media experience
- Efficiency with Excel
- Basic knowledge of non-profit work
- Management or event planning major or equivalent
Intern applications and cover letters may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your preferred internship program date range and top 3-4 roles of interest in your cover letter.