The Global Impression Award, established in 2018, honors emerging leaders who are demonstrating success in their profession, directly impacting the global community within Indiana, and whose work has a considerable impact on a vision for an Indiana that is a vibrant place to live and work while valuing all cultures.
What is the Global Impression Award?
Established in 2018, the Global Impression Award celebrates up-and-coming leaders throughout the Hoosier state who are demonstrating success in their profession, directly impacting the global community within Indiana, and whose work has a considerable impact on a vision for an Indiana that is a vibrant place to live and work while valuing all cultures.
When will finalists and the winner be announced?
Our committee and board will select and announce finalists for the Global Impression Award later this summer.
The Center will recognize the finalists at the International Citizen of the Year event, The Center’s premier annual stakeholder event. In 2022, The International Center will honor Tamika Catchings on October 18, 2022 at the Indiana Roof Ballroom in Downtown Indianapolis.
The Global Impression Award winner, selected from the finalists, will be announced during the event program.
Who should I nominate for the Global Impression Award?
The Global Impression Award was created in order to honor and uplift up-and-coming global leaders in Indiana and celebrate those leaders with an audience at The International Center’s signature event. Nominees should be emerging leaders who have already made a significant contribution to a global Indiana and demonstrate the potential for continued global leadership.
Candidates should be involved in work that impacts the international community in Indiana. Nominees will be considered from all regions in Indiana and from all sectors of the community.
- The nominee should be in the early stage of their career, as defined by the nominator.
- The nominee must not have previously received the Global Impression Award.
- The nominee must have made a significant contribution to the global community within the state of Indiana, through their profession or other involvement.
- The nominee must show promise for continuing service and leadership. Specific examples of their continuing activities must be provided.
How do I submit a nomination?
Please complete the online form on The International Center’s website.
Required nomination materials:
- The completed nomination form, including three short responses to questions about the nominee’s experience and impact.
- The nominee’s resume or CV and/or public LinkedIn profile.
Optional nomination materials:
- Letters of recommendation in support of the nominee.
- News articles, press clippings or published works about the nominee and their work.
The 2022 nomination will be available May 25 through June 30.