(Indianapolis – August 2, 2021) – The International Center has selected 20 participants for the second annual James T. Morris Global Leadership Series.
The 2021 Morris Series cohort is comprised of global professionals from across Indiana, hailing from South Bend to West Lafayette and everywhere in between. The participants represent a wide range of industries, including healthcare, media, academia and more.
The Morris Series is a five-month professional development program for Hoosiers who demonstrate business or civic leadership with a global component. Inspired by Jim Morris’ vast experience as well as The Center’s mission to support global initiatives across public, private and civic sectors, the sessions will discuss global leadership across government, business and humanitarian efforts. The series will begin virtually in August and conclude in December.
The program is made possible by support from the Herbert Simon Family Foundation and Indiana Language Roadmap.
“We are so excited to begin our second year of the Morris Series with another outstanding cohort,” says Martin Baier, president and CEO of The International Center. “The series will be an opportunity for these global leaders to continue to learn and grow together and from one another.”
The 2021 Morris Series cohort includes:
- Dr. Marc J. Aguilera, American College of Education
- Heather Brogden, Porch
- Kate Dobson, IUPUI Office of Alumni Relations, Indiana University Alumni Association
- Gabrielle Douglas, Building Tomorrow
- Aletha Dunston, AICP, Fort Harrison Reuse Authority
- Brandon Evans, HOPE & Wide Awake Digital
- Leslie Grishin, The International Center
- Areeba Ghouri, Indeed, Inc.
- Mario Guerendo, Hanzo Logistics Inc.
- Tiffany Hanson, LUNA Language Services
- Roger J. Howard, Indiana Economic Development Corporation
- Graham Melendez, Immigrant Welcome Center
- Ross Meyers, Purdue University’s LASER PULSE Consortium
- Valory Myers, InAct
- Mike Pattengale, Springbuk
- Rebecca Holwerda, Office of Governor Eric J. Holcomb
- Misel Ramirez Vasoli, William J. Shaw Center for Children and Families – University of Notre Dame
- Colin Renk, ACSI
- Kelsey R. Sisko-Taylor, Center for Leadership Development
- Dr. Victoria Garcia Wilburn, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis