Philip Smith is a passionate advocate for the Filipino community in Indiana. His journey is defined by a profound commitment to diversity and cultural celebration. As one of the three finalists for the 2023 Global Impression Award, Philip has demonstrated dedication and service to his community.
While Philip’s professional achievements are commendable, his impact on the global community within Indiana goes beyond his career. In 2021, he co-founded the Philippines Cultural Community Center (PCCC), an endeavor that showcases his dedication to promoting diversity and cultural awareness in the state.
- Kentucky Christian University – Business Administration and Management, General (2005 – 2006)
- Central Christian College of the Bible – Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services (2004 – 2005)
- Director of South-East Asia Mission Outreach, Inc.
- President of Pag-ibig Ito Outreach, Inc.
- Test Specialist at the United States Military Entrance Processing Command
- Transportation Security Officer at Homeland Security Careers
- Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor at Fort Harrison State Park Inn
- Administrative Assistant at Sylvan Learning Centers/Prometric Testing Center
RECENT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
Under his leadership, the PCCC now hosts weekly farmers markets, Filipino dance and martial arts classes, Filipino night markets, and free health screening days. Moreover, Philip actively collaborates with other organizations like the Nationalities Council of Indiana, offering them space for meetings and events free of charge. In 2022, Philip stepped away from his full-time job to focus solely on PCCC. He is now fully engaged in grant writing, programming, and maintenance of the center, and it is his life’s mission to see the Center thrive.
Philip’s dedication extends to fostering a sense of unity among diverse communities. He organizes “friendship days” celebrating cultural exchanges and regularly hosts events that promote LGBTQ+ rights and awareness. His work with the PCCC is a testament to his early-stage career commitment to building a vibrant and inclusive Indiana.
“Phil is an incredible human being and embodies internationality and diversity not just professionally, but personally.” – Nominator
Philip Smith’s career journey reflects a remarkable blend of professional excellence and community engagement. His impact on the Filipino community and his dedication to promoting diversity in Indiana make him a deserving finalist for the GIA Award. As he continues to focus 100% of his time on the Philippines Cultural Community Center, we can only expect more incredible contributions from him in the years to come.
“Anything that is heavy can be light if we put our resources together.” – Philip Smith
Philip and the two other Global Impression Award Finalists will be celebrated at the International Citizen of the Year event on October 3, 2023. Get your tickets here.
By: Grace Bland, Marketing & Communications Manager