The Indiana State Museum and the Eiteljorg Museum, together will host Dia de los Muertos Festival, a celebration of deceased love ones that will allow visitors the opportunity to learn about the history and traditions associated with this Mexican holiday. Guests will have the opportunity to join in on hands-on activities and enjoy lively performances. Admission to this event is free!
- Sugar skull decorating
- Calaca (skeleton) making
- Day of the Dead Altar Exhibition
- Creating a punched tin ornament with New Mexican tinsmith, Richard Gabriel Jr.
- Making papel picado (decorative cut paper) with local artist, Beatriz Vazquez
- Crafting personal ofrendas (altars)
- Day of the Dead Ofrenda display created by local artists
- Day of the Dead Altar workshops
- Musical and Cultural Performances
This event is proudly sponsored by the International Center’s Festival Fund