(INDIANAPOLIS –December 1, 2022) – The International Center welcomes two new members to its board of directors: Dr. Nicolas Chemali, vice president of international pricing and market access of Eli Lilly and Company, and Dr. Hilary Kahn, associate vice chancellor for international affairs at IUPUI and associate vice president of international affairs at Indiana University.
Dr. Chemali received his Doctor in Medicine from Saint Joseph University of Beirut and his Global Executive MBA from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business. He has worked at Eli Lilly and Company since 2002.
Dr. Kahn received her Ph.D. in Cultural Anthropology from the University at Buffalo. She formerly served as the Assistant Dean for International Education and Global Initiatives, director of the Center for the Study of Global Change, and director of the Ph.D. Minor in Global Studies at the Hamilton Lugar School of Global and International Studies at Indiana University Bloomington.
Additionally, The International Center’s Board of Directors voted to approve the following members of the 2023 executive committee:
- Chair: Sarah Iglehart, Vice President of Regional Economic Development at Indy Chamber;
- Vice chair: Angela Smith Jones, Vice President of Diversity & Inclusion for Health & Hospital Corporation;
- Secretary: Esther Earbin Sandlin, Associate at Dinsmore & Shohl LLP;
- Treasurer: Meredith Carbrey, Senior Wealth Advisor for Bedel Financial; and
- Past Chair: Priscila Vansetti, Vice President, Crop Protection Strategy and Planning at Corteva AgriSciences.
The Board of Directors has also chosen to honor past board members who have made a significant impact on the past, present, and future of The International Center by awarding them status as board member emeritus.
The individuals named as the newest members emeriti:
- Amy Conrad Warner
- Russell C. Menyhart
- Ryan C. Marques
Martin Baier, president and CEO of The International Center, stated, “As we approach our 50th year of working to create a more global Indiana, we are excited to welcome our newest board members, executive committee members, and members emeriti. Their contributions will surely serve The Center in carrying out its mission for another fifty years.”