Where Indiana Intersects With The World… The International Center Intern Team helps U. S. students achieve an international business experience and international students achieve a U. S. business experience, right here in Indianapolis!
The International Center values Diversity, Passion, Excellence, Integrity, and Growth.
The selected intern works with The International Center’s Development and Engagement Manager and will be involved in the process of creating The Center’s yearly Impact Report and assisting with research on potential sponsors and grant opportunities.
- Assist Manager and Marketing team with creating Impact Report. Includes gathering data and writing short narrative to create a vibrant report that details the mission and impact of our non-profit organization
- Work with development manager to manage and maintain a database of community members, sponsors, and stakeholders (Neon CRM)
- Support development efforts, including philanthropy, fundraising, engagement and grants
- Assist with logistics related to the design and production of collateral materials including save the date, invitations, signage, program announcements, sponsor highlights etc.
- Work with communications staff to promote events through various media outlets and social media
- Provide input for and take notes at regularly scheduled organizing committee meetings
Desired Learning Outcomes
- Ability to plan organize, implement fundraising activities, including events, social media awareness and direct mail campaigns, identifying potential donors, finding grant opportunities and writing grant proposals
- Gain community relation skills and the ability to work within a diverse community
- Understanding U. S. and International business and cultural diversities
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Social media experience
- Basic understanding of non-profit work
- Additional Software knowledge welcome: Canva , Neon CRM , Word
- Cultural awareness
- Be on time, be present, be engaged
- Communicate, participate, support your team and the Mission
- Mentor devoted to your success, plus weekly professional development programming
- Local and international networking opportunities
- Collaborative, respectful, fun work culture
- 15-20 hours per week, hybrid (office/remote) schedule
- May pay $15/hour, plus $80 monthly parking stipend
- OPT/CPT, class credit, school stipend/scholarship application support
For more information about The International Center, its mission, internship program, and Frequently Asked Questions, go to www.internationalcenter.org.
Intern applications and cover letter, including your preferred internship program semester and top 3-4 roles of interest, may be submitted directly here or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Intern applications and cover letters may be submitted via email to email@example.com. Please be sure to include your preferred internship program date range and top 3-4 roles of interest in your cover letter.