Employment & Internships
Development & Engagement Manager
This position is responsible for the strategy and execution of fund development and donor engagement activities for The International Center. Such activities include but are not limited to:
- Corporate, individual, foundation and government grants and contributions.
- Special events staged, in part or in full, for raising funds to support The International Center programs and growth initiatives; and
- Creation and execution of strategies to engage stakeholder groups, most notably existing and potential donors. This includes a new planned giving initiative.
The incumbent in this position will possess a strong aptitude for research and meticulous attention to detail while maintaining outstanding written, presentation and relationship-building skills.
Interested and qualified individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and responses to the following questions, for their application to be considered:
- Please share 1-2 fundraising success examples.
- What metrics would you consider essential for this role?
- Please share a compensation package range that you would consider worthy of your consideration.
The position will remain open until it is filled and embodies a fair and competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Additionally, full benefits are available after an introductory period and include medical, dental, vision, 401K, parking stipend and a generous time off package.
View the full position description, qualifications, and details here.
The International Center offers internships every spring, summer, and fall. While internships are unpaid positions, working with The International Center gives undergraduate and graduate students a variety of opportunities to connect with local and international leaders, improve professional skills, and work in a fast-paced international environment.
The International Center values diversity and inclusion in all endeavors.
Applications are open and are accepted on a rolling basis. The first applications received are the first reviewed, so apply early!
Internships are available on or around these dates:
- Spring (January-May)
- Recommended to submit an application before November 1
- Summer (May-August)
- Recommended to submit an application before April 1
- Fall (August-December)
- Recommended to submit an application before July 1
The International Center’s current office hours are 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, with additional remote availability during traditional work hours. The typical intern work schedule averages 15-20 hours per week for fall and spring terms and 20-30 hours per week during the summer, typically 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The International Center has been recognized three times by Work + Learn Indiana as the Not-for-Profit Intern Employer of the Year.
As a prestigious internship program, we strive to foster untapped potential and growth in everyone who comes to work with our diverse staff. Students of all majors who are interested in various aspects of international relations and nonprofit management are welcome to apply!
Internship Positions Available
- Accounting, Finance & Operations
- Community Outreach & Engagement
- Data Analyst & Database Management
- Event Planning & Philanthropy
- International Client Services
- International Research & Diplomacy
- International Research & Programming
- Marketing & Communications
- Non-Profit Administration
- Operations & Organizational Project Management
- International Business Development, Research, Analysis & Consulting
To apply, please fill out the information here. Please be sure to include your preferred internship program date range and top 3-4 roles of interest in your cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!