Where Indiana Intersects With The World… The International Center Intern Team helps U. S. students achieve an international business experience and international students achieve a U. S. business experience, right here in Indianapolis!
The International Center values Diversity, Passion, Excellence, Integrity, and Growth.
The selected intern works in direct support of Indiana’s Chief of Protocol and is involved in all aspects of the Office of Protocol operations and business program management. The selected intern helps complete program and project assignments such as protocol and etiquette training, event management, flag setups, nation research, and statewide logistical arrangements for visiting dignitaries.
- Curates The International Center’s United Nations flag collection
- Assists in planning, developing, and implementing protocol activities for clients
- Assists in planning, developing, and implementing meetings, events, and activities
- Researches protocol and etiquette for various countries and produces briefing books, tip sheets, and presentations
- Prepares Protocol Activity report
Desired Learning Outcomes
- Understanding of international flag protocol and proper flag display, citizen diplomacy programs, local volunteer organizations and exchange programs
- Ability to learn to manage inventory, gain organizational skills, best business practices when working across nations, research various sources, (international and domestic) to develop concise information that is easily received by clients
Desired Skills & Competencies
- International Studies major
- General knowledge of international relations
- Communication skills
- Business ethics
- Cultural awareness
- Be on time, be present, be engaged
- Communicate, participate, support your team and the Mission
- Mentor devoted to your success, plus weekly professional development programming
- Local and international networking opportunities
- Collaborative, respectful, fun work culture
- 15-20 hours per week, hybrid (office/remote) schedule
- May pay $15/hour, plus $80 monthly parking stipend
- OPT/CPT, class credit, school stipend/scholarship application support
For more information about The International Center, its mission, internship program, and Frequently Asked Questions, go to www.internationalcenter.org.
Intern applications and cover letter, including your preferred internship program semester and top 3-4 roles of interest, may be submitted directly here or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org